Monday, December 22, 2008

the lost generation

i am a man who is trying to get a job. i have a masters degree and a great deal of acumen so i shouldnt have a problem. my father paid my way through univeristy and in the holidays i went to work at his company to see what it was like and get some experience. i got paid quite a bit for doing this and the experience was far more hands on that the people who volunteer at the local CAB or police station. i should have no problem getting a job soon.

i am a disabled man who is trying to get a job. i have poor vision in my left eye and no use of my left leg. i have a masters degree and a great deal of acumen but i am unable to get a job because i have no experience: i tried to get some but no one would give me any experience. all employers seem to want is experience but i never got any. i could have applied for vacation schemes while i studied but the communte would have been difficult because of my disability. i could have volunteered at the local CAB but my eyes get tired too quickly. thankfully there is a new scheme which means that if you meet the minimum criteria for a job you must be interviewed. this means i can work hard and impress at my interview - i an explain why i dont have much experience but why i am still best for the job. i can show them how intellegent i am, how i'm good with people and work hard. i can get myself a job.

i am a man who is trying to get a job. but for the odd financial difficulty i have nothing to complain about in my life. i have a masters degree and a great deal of acumen but i am unable to get a job because i have no experience: i tried to get some but no one would give me any experience. all employers seem to want is experience but i never got any. i could have applied for vacation schemes while i studied but i had to work evenings and weekends and every holiday to pay for my course. i could have volunteered at the local CAB but i was tired all of the time due to working evening shifts in a bar. they turn me a way and say their shortlist for interview is simpy made up of people with more experience. i have been trying to get a job for 2 years but so far have had no luck. i am an intelligent man and will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment